Are you on a Keto diet but craving a McDonald’s breakfast? Fear not, my friend!
You can still indulge in some of your favorite fast food breakfast items while staying true to your low-carb lifestyle. In this article, we’ll explore the world of Keto-friendly breakfast options at McDonald’s and share some of our top picks. Skip below to see McDonald’s breakfast menu in keto-friendly categories.
First, let’s talk about what makes a breakfast item Keto-friendly. Generally, a Keto diet involves consuming a high amount of fat, moderate protein, and very few carbohydrates. So, when choosing your breakfast items, aim for high-fat and low-carb options.
- Directs you how to customize your keto fast food order (with accurate net carb information)
- Helps prevent keto boredom – discover new low carb menu and restaurant options
- Provides hard-to-find links to nutrition information for your favorite fast food restaurants
- Shares money-saving tips to help stretch your low carb dollar
Related: McDonald’s on Keto
Keto-friendly McDonald’s Breakfast Categories
I have categorized the menu items into three categories based on their compatibility with the ketogenic diet.
“Keto-friendly” at McDonald’s Breakfast
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit (no biscuit): 2g carbs
- Sausage Biscuit (no biscuit): 1g carbs
- Sausage McMuffin with Egg (no muffin): 1g carbs
- Unsweetened Iced Tea: 0g carbs
- Coffee (black): 0g carbs
- Iced Coffee (black): 1g carbs
Suggestions to make items more keto-friendly:
- Ask for no muffin or biscuit on sandwich items.
- Avoid adding high-carb toppings like ketchup, honey mustard, or sweet and sour sauce.
“Keto Okay” At McDonald’s Breakfast
- Egg McMuffin (no muffin): 3g carbs
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese McGriddles (no McGriddle cakes): 5g carbs
- Sausage McGriddles (no McGriddle cakes): 6g carbs
- Sausage McMuffin (no muffin): 1g carbs
- Diet Coke: 0g carbs
- Unsweetened Iced Tea with Lemon: 0g carbs
Suggestions to make items more keto-friendly:
- Ask for no bread, muffin, or McGriddle cakes on sandwich items.
- Avoid adding high-carb toppings like ketchup, mayonnaise, or sweet and sour sauce.
“Not Keto-Friendly” At McDonald’s Breakfast
- McGriddles (sausage, egg & cheese): 42g carbs
- Hotcakes (with syrup and margarine): 95g carbs
- Hash Browns: 15g carbs
- Oatmeal (with toppings): 32g carbs
- Caramel Frappé (large): 88g carbs
- Mocha Frappé (large): 93g carbs
- McCafé Frappés (other than sugar-free vanilla, large): 85-105g carbs
- Smoothies (small to large, depending on flavor): 44-74g carbs
- Milkshakes (small to large, depending on flavor): 54-119g carbs
- Soda (regular, medium to large, depending on flavor): 39-63g carbs
Unfortunately, many items in this category are high in carbs and not suitable for the ketogenic diet. It’s best to avoid these items altogether or find alternative options from the “Keto-friendly” or “Keto Okay” categories.
Keeping Keto With Fast Food
It’s important to keep in mind that everyone’s nutritional needs and dietary preferences are different, so what works for one person may not work for another. If you’re following a ketogenic diet, it’s always a good idea to read nutrition labels and ingredient lists carefully, and to ask for modifications or substitutions when ordering fast food to make it more compatible with your diet.
Now, let’s talk about some of the Keto-friendly helpers that can help you stay on track with your diet. One popular item is the Keto-Mojo Blood Ketone and Glucose Testing Kit. This kit allows you to easily measure your ketone levels and glucose levels at home.
Another helpful item is the Perfect Keto Collagen Powder. This powder can be added to your morning coffee or smoothie for an extra boost of collagen and protein.
If you’re a fan of meal prep, consider trying the Keto Meal Prep Cookbook by FlavCity. This cookbook features over 125 Keto-friendly recipes that are perfect for meal planning and batch cooking.
Keeping Keto at Fast Food
In conclusion, eating breakfast at McDonald’s while on a Keto diet is easier than you might think. With a little creativity and some helpful hacks, you can enjoy some of your favorite fast food breakfast items without compromising your diet. And, with the help of some Keto-friendly products, you can stay on track with your diet and achieve your health goals. So, go ahead and treat yourself to a delicious and satisfying Keto breakfast at McDonald’s, and don’t forget to share your favorite Keto-friendly hacks and helpers with friends and family.
While it’s true that fast food chains like McDonald’s are not typically associated with healthy eating, it’s important to remember that it’s all about making smart choices. By choosing Keto-friendly options and incorporating some helpful hacks, you can enjoy a delicious and satisfying breakfast at McDonald’s while staying true to your low-carb lifestyle.
And, with the help of some Keto-friendly helpers, you can stay on track with your diet and make your health a top priority. So, the next time you’re in the mood for a McDonald’s breakfast, don’t hesitate to try some of these delicious and satisfying Keto-friendly options. Your taste buds and your body will thank you!